Lecture 5 Resource
* ASSUMPTIONS ****
- There are 27 lectures and 28 assignments. The Assignments are lab sessions. It is not required that you do the labs, but it can be beneficial.
- The 28 lab sessions are worthy of your time. Please watch.
- I designed this course that you may use for future reference. I hope this is true for you.
- It is my intention to update this course with other JMeter Concepts.
I want to use this resource file and others to mention items that I think needs to be said.
- I noticed that when I add resource files to my assignment or lab sessions, the file link does not appear as it does for the lectures. I usually have a resource file for part one of each lab session.
To see it, click on the assignment link.
a) Look in the left panel
b) There should be a red link labelled “Start Assignment”
c) This will enable the video and the resource file link in the left panel
- My resource files look better opening them in NOTEPAD++. The URL links can be seen and are clickable. You just have to double-click the link.
- To access the JMeter home website here is the URL link: https://jmeter.apache.org/index.html.
You will find a wealth of information on JMeter functions and features.
- The first component download you should check for is JAVA. Go to your command prompt and type in JAVA -VERSION. The runtime version will display. For MAC users do the following:
–1. Click on the Apple logo in the top-left of your menu bar.
–2. Scroll down and click on “System Preferences.”
–3. Click on the “Java” icon which will likely be in one of the lower rows in “System Preferences.”
–4. You should see an ABOUT button that will show you the version. If you do not see a JAVA icon, it is not installed on your machine. Use a search engine to locate the JAVA download.
For Windows, this may not be the latest version. If you want to install the latest version,
do the following:
Go to the Windows 10 Control panel – via the taskbar search box. Type CONTROL PANEL and select Java. The following window will display.
Click the UDPATE tab and UPDATE NOW button to update your Java version to the latest.
If you have never installed Java, go to this URL: https://java.com/en/. Select the DOWNLOAD option and install according to instructions.
It is a good idea, but not required, to go to the taskbar search box again and type in ENVIRONMENT. Select the Environment Variables open, and then select the Environment Variables button. Scroll down in the System variables list to locate JAVA_HOME. It should point to the Java BIN directory path like the example shown here. Use the NEW button to add an entry for Java.
- JMeter Installation
Now to install JMeter. Do the following:
Go to URL https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi. Scroll down a little and select where you see the BINARIES list – ZIP and TGZ.